This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Two monitors

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Black Shadow
Registered Member

Two monitors

Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:46 am
In configuration with two monitors starts two plasma instances on one display. How can i disable one of them?[hr]
also, moving of widgets does not work

Last edited by Black Shadow on Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
mensch
Registered Member
OS

RE: Two monitors

Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:08 am
And still end up with two desktops? I don't think you can actually. Why would you want it in the first place, if I may be so bold to ask?

As for the second question, you're sure you can't move the widgets after unlocking them by clicking on the top right Plasma menu (or anywhere on the desktop). As soon as you've unlocked widgets on the desktop get controls on the side, so you can resize them, delete them, move them, etc. If you have widgets in a panel click the newly appeared Plasma button on the right side of the panel (if it's a horizontal one), when you hover with your mouse over the separate widgets you'll get a move cursor. Hope that helps.

I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste. Marcel Duchamp
Black Shadow
Registered Member

Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:39 am
First display - is my LCD pannel, second display - is my TV, connected via composite out on my video card.

I cannot move unlocked widgets. Resize and rotation works, but moving not work. If i disable the second display in xorg.conf, all works fine.

P.S.: Sorry for bad english

Last edited by Black Shadow on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
msoeken
Mentor
OS

Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:07 am
Hi, I also cannot move widgets when I attached a secondary monitor.
Cheers, m.

[size=x-small]code | [url=cia.vc/stats/author/msoeken]cia.vc[/url] | [url=kde.org/support]donating KDE[/url] | [url=tinyurl.com/cto4ns]wishlist[/url][/size]