This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] folderview icons text has ellipsis kde 4.1.2

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jesa
Registered Member
on KDE 4.1.2 OpenSuse 11. My folderview plasmoid icons don't show the full text if they are more than 3-4 letters. If longr than 3-4 letters they have one or 2 letters and ... Is there a way to change this so that I see the full text of the icon/foldername ?

Last edited by bcooksley on Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I don't have that problem, i can get 10 characters then the dots. Also running openSuSE 11.0 with KDE 4.1.2. How do you have the folderview arranged?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
jesa
Registered Member
Thanks for your reply. After a little digging, and testing I logged into my machine on a separate session as a different user and did not have the issue. So I logged back into my session and renamed my .kde and .kde4 folders.

When i logged out and back in a new set of settings were created and many of the features I did not see including the folder names as well as the default icon size in the folder view were corrected.

I guess I had old settings from the original KDE 4 released in the OpenSuSE 10 series.

I wish I knew where to get a little more info on the config files as i could have corrected the exact setting instead of wiping my settings and starting fresh.

Last edited by jesa on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
The specific files you would have wanted to remove are plasmarc & plasma-appletsrc, which can be found in $HOME/.kde4/share/config/

These are the config files for Plasma, and all Plasma applets ( Plasmoids, etc. )

KDE Sysadmin
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Given that you have managed to resolve this problem, I am now marking this thread as SOLVED. If it is not, please unmark the thread as solved by removing [SOLVED] from the subject.

KDE Sysadmin