This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

can the autohide panel delay be adjusted?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
darkscot
Registered Member
OS
At the moment the panel hides as soon as you move your mouse off it. Itwould be nice to be able to hve an adjustable delay for this.

"We don't have a monopoly. We have market share. There's a difference." STEVE BALLMER
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Feature requests can be filed at bugs.kde.org.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
darkscot
Registered Member
OS
bcooksley wrote:Feature requests can be filed at bugs.kde.org.

It wasn't a feature request, it was a question! Is there a way to do this at the moment?

"We don't have a monopoly. We have market share. There's a difference." STEVE BALLMER
Kryten2X4B
Registered Member
OS
darkscot wrote:It wasn't a feature request, it was a question! Is there a way to do this at the moment?

As far as I know, no.

OpenSUSE 11.4, 64-bit with KDE 4.6.4
Proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
apache
Registered Member
OS
Has anything changed since 2010? When I point to panel it shows up quickly but when I move mouse outside the panel it takes about a second to auto-hide. Is there any way to make it hide immediately, without any delay?
Is there any entry in configuration files for this?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
The time of 500ms is hard-coded within Plasma unfortunately.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
apache
Registered Member
OS
I posted a brainstorm idea for this:
viewtopic.php?f=113&t=102888
Konstantin Nikkari
Registered Member
OS
It is a shame that there is no solution to change the show and delay time. Windows 7 is capable doing this and I found it very useful.
K.H.
Registered Member
Still the same situation in 4.12.2. If I'm not mistaken this feature exsisted in kde 3.5 and I considered it as very usefull. Since I use panels on all edges of the screen all the time one of them is popping up and hiding part of the screen. Very annoying. And I'm not the only on wishing this feature. There at least five bug-reports concerning auto-hide and auto-show options for the panals. Why none of the develpers is listening. Don't they use autohide? Can't be very difficult to add it to systemsettings or an option in the configuration files one can edit in a text editor.

Hope to see it soon.
knapps
Registered Member
Despite a large number of bugs/feature requests raised for this dating back to 2011, it seems this ability is still not considered worthy of implementation for users :(

https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=267277