This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Adding an activity when there are no activities

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
stoatsandwich
Registered Member
The way in which I came to this juncture does not bear retelling, but suffice it to say that I have no activities. I've just installed KDE 4.4, and I'm using it on my netbook. In an effort to fix a different problem, my "assistant" closed all the activities that were open. Now, since there is no cashew, I can't click the cashew to add an activity. Is there a shortcut or a console command I can use?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
There most certainly is. Open Konsole using KRunner ( Alt + F2 ) then type the following:

Code: Select all
killall -9 plasma-netbook
rm -f $(kde4-config --localprefix)/share/config/plasm*
plasma-netbook &

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
stoatsandwich
Registered Member
Thank you so much! This worked perfectly. This version of KDE Netbook is so much nicer and easier to use than the previous tech demo; I would suggest, though, that some of the "welcome to plasma desktop" documentation include some specific tips for the netbook functionality, which is a little harder to figure out. In general, though, WONDERFUL job -- it's a pleasure to use.