This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

help understanding ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
of_darkness
Registered Member
As i want to set a set-value pixel size for plasma panels i got the tip to youse ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc to manualy set the value.

But most of the configs is like pure greek to me so i would rely appriciate some help understand the format and the configs inside of it.

of_darkness, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
JontheEchinda
KDE Developer
OS
Search for plugin=panel. In the same config section you should see something like this: geometry=0,-48,1280,42 (that's my panel geometry)
The last two numbers are width and height, which are what you want. The other two are panel position, but I have no clue how -48 got there. XD

JontheEchinda, proud to be a member of the Kubuntu team since July 2008.
mensch
Registered Member
OS
Make sure you edit plasma-appletsrc while logged out of KDE, because during a KDE session Plasma remembers your settings and restores them regardless of changes you've made during that active session.

I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste. Marcel Duchamp
of_darkness
Registered Member
JontheEchinda wrote:Search for plugin=panel. In the same config section you should see something like this: geometry=0,-48,1280,42 (that's my panel geometry)
The last two numbers are width and height, which are what you want. The other two are panel position, but I have no clue how -48 got there. XD

ahh i went loking 4 one line whit hight and another whit width and so, no wonder i didnot find it:P[hr]
mensch wrote:Make sure you edit plasma-appletsrc while logged out of KDE, because during a KDE session Plasma remembers your settings and restores them regardless of changes you've made during that active session.

well i dont run kde4 sessions,i only run the apps ,moestly 4 testing purposes 2 se when i find a point when i can youse it fulltime and just 4 the fun of having it installed:P

But thanks 4 the tip anyway:)

Last edited by of_darkness on Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mensch
Registered Member
OS
Er, no but you're logged into a KDE session right, because you see a KDE taskbar? With session I mean when you're logged into you're KDE environment, otherwise there wouldn't be a taskbar to worry about. ;-)

I have forced myself to contradict myself in order to avoid conforming to my own taste. Marcel Duchamp
of_darkness
Registered Member
mensch wrote:Er, no but you're logged into a KDE session right, because you see a KDE taskbar? With session I mean when you're logged into you're KDE environment, otherwise there wouldn't be a taskbar to worry about. ;-)

but its a kde3 session so killing plasma should be enough or im missing somthing?

as i run my kde3 session the go to a terminal type ssh -x blutengel-kde4@localhost

and then after giving my passw. i start my kde4 apps from that terminal window.

mensch
Registered Member
OS
Ah, didn't know you were running a KDE 3 session. But killing Plasma, editing the config and restarting it should do the trick as well.