This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't add or remove pages when using Netbook workspace

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
idoitprone
Registered Member
OS
I want to add plasma pages but, I cannot find the option at the cashew as said on the guide. So, how can i fix this?

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa398/idoitprone/snapshot.png

Qt: 4.6.3
KDE Development Platform: 4.5.5 (KDE 4.5.5) "release 1"
Plasma Netbook: 0.1

distro: opensuse 11.3
kernal: 2.6.34.7-0.7-desktop

Note: kde 4.6 resolve this issue.. I was too lazy to update and I could not figure out how to mark this topic as solved.

Last edited by idoitprone on Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
google01103
Manager

Re: i want to add plasma pages but...

Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:16 am
1) your snapshot is too small to view

2) plasma pages are for the workspace type = netbook I believe, are you set to type desktop or netbook? This can be changed in systemsettings in workspace behavior -> workspace

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

idoitprone
Registered Member
OS
Ah sorry, I was messing around with it try to make the image smaller, at the time it did not seem to work, now apparently it did. It is plasma-netbook

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa398/idoitprone/snapshot.png

There is no add page or delete page on the bottom-right.
google01103
Manager
there should be a cashew on the bottom left of the screen which when clicked should display see the add and remove page buttons

idoitprone
Registered Member
OS
that the problem, I clicked the cashew and its not there. I even bother to go see screen shots. I am going to fetch them now, since I just realized I should of included it
google01103
Manager
you should provide which distribution and version you are running and the version of kde4 when posting

also please retitle to something like "in the workspace type = netbook I can't add or remove pages"

idoitprone
Registered Member
OS
how do I change the title, I never used any forums enough to actually change the title
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Title changed.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
idoitprone
Registered Member
OS
Awww, screw it. I delete my .kde4/ folder and reseted desktop to default. The add page is back, I figure this happens when I accidently deleted the first page which is the news page. I should add a suggestion to maintain the add page on all pages, even on search and launch page.
google01103
Manager
idoitprone wrote:Awww, screw it. I delete my .kde4/ folder and reseted desktop to default. The add page is back, I figure this happens when I accidently deleted the first page which is the news page. I should add a suggestion to maintain the add page on all pages, even on search and launch page.

please file a bug report on https://bugs.kde.org/

fyi - if this happens again it would be less intrusive to just delete the plasma*rc file then you whole .kde4 folder

idoitprone
Registered Member
OS
Great ... I accidently solved my own problem. Sigh, in order to get around only having the search and launch page. First, anyone much to changed to a different page that has the add page at the cashew ex. newspaper page. Just click on the cashew go to activity and change it from there. Then, add the page and return to the previous page and add it back. Now, KDE developers have to the fix problem with no pages...idoits like me always wonder.