This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE4 Panel

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
darphas
Registered Member

KDE4 Panel

Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:28 pm
Today i was upgrade my KDE version for the latest so the desktop now looks much better but the panel was disappear in the upgrade. and i really need it to see my minimized windows...
i can only see and change windows using ctrl + tab and it not comfortable to me because in chat or to see programs running in panel.

so the question is if someone help to enable again the panel at desktop.
I'm newbie in Ubuntu(Linux) so i don't know any about this OS.

actually my desktop looks.

sorry for my English.
of_darkness
Registered Member

RE: KDE4 Panel

Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:38 pm
darphas wrote:Today i was upgrade my KDE version for the latest so the desktop now looks much better but the panel was disappear in the upgrade. and i really need it to see my minimized windows...
i can only see and change windows using ctrl + tab and it not comfortable to me because in chat or to see programs running in panel.

so the question is if someone help to enable again the panel at desktop.
I'm newbie in Ubuntu(Linux) so i don't know any about this OS.

actually my desktop looks.

sorry for my English.

Maybe changing it manualy by eddeting the config file
~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc edeting help post
"RE: help understanding ~/.kde4/share/config/plasma-appletsrc
Search for plugin=panel. In the same config section you should see something like this: geometry=0,-48,1280,42 (that's my panel geometry)
The last two numbers are width and height, which are what you want. The other two are panel position, but I have no clue how -48 got there. XD
JontheEchinda, proud to be a member of the Kubuntu team since July 2008."

and remember to quit the kde4 session before doing it as it changes it back as long as kde4 is running(that adwice goes for mosts other programs to)

of_darkness, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
BartOtten
OS

Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:17 pm
I had the same cause of a broken KDE-installation....Could be usefull to check if you have outdated packages around that deliver Plasma
darphas
Registered Member

Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:29 pm
thanks guys..!
i solved my problem.
i take the easir way. delete the hiddent .kde / map and reinstall x)
sebas
KDE Developer
OS

Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:48 pm
That's only the easier way if you have nothing set up. Otherwise, it'll wipe all your KDE settings and you have to redo them

It would have been more than sufficient (and just as easy) to just delete ~/.kde4/share/config/plasm* (this "only" wipes all your plasma settings...).

-- sebas