This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Priority of entries listed in Krunner

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
HmpfCBR
Registered Member
OS
Hi,

Since I am a heavy activity and krunner user :) I wonder if there are any options to change the priorities in which entries of krunner are listed. Some examples I consider anyoing krunner behaviour in the appearantly default settings of krunner:

• I type dolphin in krunner in activity leisure while I have an instance of dolphin running in activity fincances. Krunner first lists all the running instances of dolphin, even if they do not belong to the current activity and then an entry to start a new dolphin instance is listed. In my opinion krunner should give priority to the current activity, that is: first list all the instances of an already running program in the current activity, then list an entry to open a new instance and finally list all instances belonging to other activities. My reasoning for this is, that one changes applications more frequently than activities working on.
  • If I type kate, I get the suggestion to oben a session of kate I used a lot in the past and will use a lot in a month time or so, but at the moment I do not use it at all. Of course it is hard to guess for krunner which kate session I want, so a way to set priorities would be nice. Maybe allowing the user to sort the entries via drag and drop when krunner lists them anyway is suitable. Binding the priority of entries more closely to activities as suggested above, will probably also help a lot.

These might be small annoyances, but I figure they make using activities less enjoyable and might refrain users from using them in their day to day workflow.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
The usage of activities to sort the list of active windows is valid I think. I suggest filing a feature request on KDE Bugzilla.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
HmpfCBR
Registered Member
OS
HmpfCBR wrote:
  • If I type kate, I get the suggestion to oben a session of kate I used a lot in the past and will use a lot in a month time or so, but at the moment I do not use it at all. .

Entries seem to be stored in paragraph [PlasmaRunnerManager] in ~/.kde/share/config/krunnerrc separated by ",". I simple searched for the kate session name and removed that entry.

bcooksley wrote:The usage of activities to sort the list of active windows is valid I think. I suggest filing a feature request on KDE Bugzilla.

Done Bug #279975. Did I mention that bugzilla can be really annoying? ;)
kJani
Registered Member
Came here looking for the same thing.

I wish we had an option to prioritize apps that are added to "Favorites" in the Application Menu.