This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

volume control icon suggestion

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
imagus
Registered Member

volume control icon suggestion

Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:05 am
I think it is better to put this into a separate thread from my previous post:

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=97606

Here I focus on another small issue, just try to make KDE even better ^-^

I take a snapshot of my volume control scaling icon(sorry I do not know the exact name for this)

As you can see the whole volume range is divided into 23 small cells. There is nothing wrong to use this number. But one would think when he press the volume up and down button the volume shown here will change cell by cell. In fact it is not. For example, on my thinkpad whenever I press the volume up/down button the volume scales by 1/25(so if I press 25 times the volume will go from lowest to highest). Assuming kmix would now mapp the current volume linearly from minimum to maximum, the white region would definitely not reside into the cells, as shown in this picture, it lays BETWEEN cells.
It is over all not a big issue, just makes me a little confusing though. I would think different hardware venders using different value for their volume scaling, so the mismatching between volume white region and cells probably always happens.