This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Report, sum every column

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
TonyIT
Registered Member

Report, sum every column

Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:59 pm
As subject.
I need to see the sum of the columns in some reports. It's possible with KMyMoney 0.9?
[font=Courier]
abc 10 20 30
bce 15 17 32
---------
sum 25 37 <----- this
[/font]

Tanks a lot.

Cheers

Tony.

TonyIT, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS

RE: Report, sum every column

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:08 pm
TonyIT wrote:As subject.
I need to see the sum of the columns in some reports. It's possible with KMyMoney 0.9?
[font=Courier]
abc 10 20 30
bce 15 17 32
---------
sum 25 37 <----- this
[/font]

Tanks a lot.

Cheers

Tony.

Tony, at the moment it is possible to have only one column summed up.
It is a feature request to sum up multiple columns and we will probably work on it in the future, but for now you are limited to exporting to a CSV file and then using KSpread or OpenOffice.org to manipulate that exported file.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
john_hudson
Registered Member
OS

Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:22 pm
If you are wanting to sum, for example, every three months you can set up a custom report with start and finish dates at the beginning and end of the three months. Its a bit tedious if you want to do it for lots of short periods but you only have to set them up once for each period.

John Hudson, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS

Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:17 pm
When you are running a transaction report, only one column can be summed up at the moment. I plan to change it in the future.
When you are running summary reports, like net worth, you do have totals for every column.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
john_hudson
Registered Member
OS

Sat Nov 08, 2008 8:57 pm
Hei Ku wrote:When you are running a transaction report, only one column can be summed up at the moment. I plan to change it in the future.
When you are running summary reports, like net worth, you do have totals for every column.

I am not quite sure whether we are talking about the same thing.

In an Income and expenses report, it is possible to have 'subtotals' within a column (though they are called 'Total' in the report) by creating sub-categories.

It is also possible to create, for example, four three monthly reports - Jan-Mar, Apr-Jun, Jul-Sep, Oct-Dec which will each have a total column for that three month period.

Thus it is possible, though slightly tedious, to set up KMyMoney to create 'subtotals' both horizontally and vertically. Though I have not done this with KMyMoney, I have done with this earlier software I had because you usually need the facility for recurring periods and so it becomes trivial to repeat the set-up each year.

John Hudson, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS

Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:15 pm
john_hudson wrote:
Hei Ku wrote:When you are running a transaction report, only one column can be summed up at the moment. I plan to change it in the future.

I am not quite sure whether we are talking about the same thing.

We are not. For summary reports, like Income and Expenses, Net Worth, and so on, you have columns total. You can setup the timeframe for the columns too. (Monthly, bimonthly, quarterly, yearly, weekly, etc.)

But if you run a transaction report, like Transactions by Category, or Investment Performance, then you only have totals for one column, which is setup in the code, and is not even customizable.

That's what needs to be changed.