This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KMyMoney: Online Banking

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
raovish
Registered Member

KMyMoney: Online Banking

Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:11 pm
Hello,

Just installed this on a Windows Vista machine and everything seems straightforward but the one thing that I was looking for to work was the online banking. I still have connection issues with my financial institution. I had similar issues with GnuCash and I gave up on it. From what I understand the login parameters are the same as the ones I use to do my online banking. The connection just never happens and I can't figure what it is I am not doing right. Am I supposed to get the IBAN value for my bank? If someone could list out the parameters that are mandatory I would be eternally grateful. By the way, one of the banks in question happens to be Chase.

Would be extremely disappointed if this ends up like GnuCash.

Thanks
Vish
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: KMyMoney: Online Banking

Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:07 am
I've moved this to the KMyMoney forum to ensure it gets seen.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Re: KMyMoney: Online Banking

Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:37 am
@bcooksley: Thanks for moving the thread. We would have otherwise certainly missed it.

@raovish: which online access method are you using (HBCI, OFX, QIF)? What exactly do you do to get access? Which menu items do you select in KMyMoney? Which buttons do you press, which data do you provide/select in that course? There are just too many variables yet unknown to us. Once we have a better understanding we can provide more help.

p.s. The access credentials depend on your bank. I have seen cases where they differ between web-access and online-access, but I think you don't get that far yet.

Last edited by ipwizard on Wed May 21, 2014 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5