This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Wish list 2 (little things)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
TonyIT
Registered Member

Wish list 2 (little things)

Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:37 pm
In the bottom of the ledger, simply display the sum of highlighted transactions.
The user can click on the transactions, holding the ctrl key and the sum is automatically updated.

Like Calc (OpenOffice)

It may helps...

Ciao.

Tony.

Last edited by TonyIT on Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TonyIT, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
artturi
Registered Member
OS

RE: Wish list 2 (little things)

Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:28 pm
One other small wish about kmymoney which is maybe due to me not being enough disciplined...

When I use several categories for a specific record, I often forget to click correctly on the green arrow for each line. Don't remind exactly what I do but I often happen to loose what I've just typed and I have to do it again. Am I the only one ?

Regards,

Artturi

Artturi
bogey
Registered Member

Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:55 am
Here are 2 more:

Issue:
The main way I enter transactions in the accounts is via download through my banks. KMM automatically adds all of the Payee's into the Payee list. This is undesireable because each Payee is unique and has coded information about the transaction and my Payee list gets huge. After editing each of the transactions with the real name of the Payee I have to go edit the Payee list to get rid of all of the undesireable ones.
Suggestion:
Since all of the transactions are highlighted yellow with a symbol, why not wait to add the Payee to the Payee list until the transaction is edited and saved. This will allow me to edit the transaction and put in the real name of the Payee.

Issue:
I want to add my wife's paychecks to the schedule. She gets paid twice a month: the 15th and last day of the month. KMM does not have this option. It lists every other week and fortnightly, which mean the same thing.
Suggestion:
Add a twice a month option. Some people get paid the 1st and 15th, some the 15th and last day of month.

bogey, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:36 am
bogey wrote:Here are 2 more:

Issue:
The main way I enter transactions in the accounts is via download through my banks. KMM automatically adds all of the Payee's into the Payee list. This is undesireable because each Payee is unique and has coded information about the transaction and my Payee list gets huge. After editing each of the transactions with the real name of the Payee I have to go edit the Payee list to get rid of all of the undesireable ones.
Suggestion:
Since all of the transactions are highlighted yellow with a symbol, why not wait to add the Payee to the Payee list until the transaction is edited and saved. This will allow me to edit the transaction and put in the real name of the Payee.

I think this is done already through the new Payee Matching features (0.9.2)
You can match many payees informed by your bank to a single payee already created in KMM.

Issue:
I want to add my wife's paychecks to the schedule. She gets paid twice a month: the 15th and last day of the month. KMM does not have this option. It lists every other week and fortnightly, which mean the same thing.
Suggestion:
Add a twice a month option. Some people get paid the 1st and 15th, some the 15th and last day of month.

Yes. We are lacking options regarding schedules.
In this case, I would create 2 different schedules, but I know it's not the best option.
There are plans to improve this, including this feature.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
artturi
Registered Member
OS

Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:53 pm
In this case, I would create 2 different schedules, but I know it's not the best option.

Regarding schedules, there's a program I've used which imho has a very complete and well thought gui : it's named Rapla and it's free software so you can have a look if you like : http://www.rapla.org

Regards,

Artturi

Artturi
bogey
Registered Member

Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:16 pm
Can you please elaborate on the new Payee matching feature, I am using 0.9.2.

Here is what I am seeing.
- I have a payee called "Randalls" in my Payee list.
- I go to my bank account, download my transactions via OFX, and import into KMM.
- KMM asks me to confirm which account, it always guesses right, and then it enters the transactions telling me how many were added.
- The entered transaction has a yellow background and the Payee is listed something like "Checkcard Randall 380303837".
- I click on the transaction, select Edit, change the Payee to "Randalls", select a category, and then save the transaction.
- The "Checkcard Randall..." has been added to the Payee list.

Am I doing something wrong?

Hei Ku wrote:
bogey wrote:Here are 2 more:

Issue:
Suggestion:

I think this is done already through the new Payee Matching features (0.9.2)
You can match many payees informed by your bank to a single payee already created in KMM.

Issue:
Suggestion:

ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:43 pm
bogey wrote:Can you please elaborate on the new Payee matching feature, I am using 0.9.2.

- I go to my bank account, download my transactions via OFX, and import into KMM.
- KMM asks me to confirm which account, it always guesses right, and then it enters the transactions telling me how many were added.
- The entered transaction has a yellow background and the Payee is listed something like "Checkcard Randall 380303837".
- I click on the transaction, select Edit, change the Payee to "Randalls", select a category, and then save the transaction.

I wouldn't say wrong, but different :-)

Goto the payees view. Select Randalls and switch to the Matching tab. Select Match on a name listed below and add .*Randall.* to the list. Use Ignore case to your liking.

Then do the download. The transaction matcher should assign Randalls as payee, because Checkcard Randall 380303837 matches it. It also collects the last used category and assigns it to the transaction. So the yellow question mark wouldn't even show up.

In case you downloaded a bunch of transactions and they created a set of payees with some garbage numbers, goto the payee view and delete the one's you don't want. As long as there are transactions assigned to the payees to be deleted, you will be asked to re-assign them to another payee. The reassignment will happen automatically.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
bogey
Registered Member

Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:35 pm
OK thanks, will try that. I have been deleting the Payees I don't want, but that has been a lot of extra work because I have been adding all of my bank information from July. Going forward it will just be smaller imports of data.

So far I am liking the program very much. Still have a lot of learning to do.

ipwizard wrote:
bogey wrote:Can you please elaborate on the new Payee matching feature, I am using 0.9.2.

I wouldn't say wrong, but different :-)

Goto the payees view. Select Randalls and switch to the Matching tab. Select Match on a name listed below and add .*Randall.* to the list. Use Ignore case to your liking.

Then do the download. The transaction matcher should assign Randalls as payee, because Checkcard Randall 380303837 matches it. It also collects the last used category and assigns it to the transaction. So the yellow question mark wouldn't even show up.

In case you downloaded a bunch of transactions and they created a set of payees with some garbage numbers, goto the payee view and delete the one's you don't want. As long as there are transactions assigned to the payees to be deleted, you will be asked to re-assign them to another payee. The reassignment will happen automatically.