This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KMyMoney 5.0.0 - Cannot find QIF Profile or Profile Editor

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Maximillium
Registered Member
Running KMyMoney 5.0.0 in opensuse linux 15.0 - I cannot find any trace of a "Default" QIF Profile or a "Profile Editor".
Online pictures showing them in dialogs tell me where they should be, but I don't find them in the actual program.

Has support for QIF Profiles and profile editing been dropped or is something missing from my version which was obtained
from the opensuse repository? Is this a bug? Inability to control the format of the QIF will stop me from using KMyMoney.

Hopefully there is a fix for this....
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
In 5.0+ QIF is provided as a real plugin and therefor the configuration is also found with the plugin and not the main program. Goto Settings/Configure KMyMoney, select the Plugins tab on the left, search for the QIF importer or QIF exporter and press the configuration button. That should give you access to the profile configuration. Hope that helps.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
Maximillium
Registered Member
ipwizard wrote:In 5.0+ QIF is provided as a real plugin and therefor the configuration is also found with the plugin and not the main program. Goto Settings/Configure KMyMoney, select the Plugins tab on the left, search for the QIF importer or QIF exporter and press the configuration button. That should give you access to the profile configuration. Hope that helps.

Hi, IPwizard - YES, helps! Thank you. Now the KDE site needs an upgrade in the KMyMoney version supporting info -- I couldn't find this version's info anywhere.
Anyway, I'm editing a qif importer file at this moment -- thanks again!
senileotaku
Registered Member
Well, I TRIED that method, creating a profile that would import dates in a %m/%/%y format (Quicken 2013), and selected that profile to import the file. Yet it insists on using a format of "%d %m %yy". And yes, I did select the profile (checked it multiple times). And seeing as I'm importing 30 years worth of transactions, it would nag me for each and every one. So I have to force-kill the application every time.