This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Split transactions on Tag page

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
albertoa
Registered Member

Split transactions on Tag page

Sat Sep 05, 2020 6:02 pm
Hello,
I added some split transactions using the Tag "Health ins" but in the "Transactions" window of the Tag page (tag: Health Ins) those transactions do not appear.
An then the balance is wrong.

I use 5,0,6 with Win 10.

Thank you for your help
Alberto
abhi007cruise
Registered Member
Mate can vouch for this, and I have been having the same issue. I had indeed raised this part of the bugs tracking and the guys there have been quite helpful, but I am yet to find the solution. Maybe 5.1 stable version address this issue!
albertoa
Registered Member

Re: Split transactions on Tag page

Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:26 am
Thank you
I'll try 5.1...

Bye
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:38 pm
Not sure if you talk/know about bug entry 424903. A change to solve the problem is already in the source repo.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
mdolnik
Registered Member

Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:37 pm
I know this thread is old, but I can confirm that when tags are used in split transactions they do not appear in any reports.

If one were to use a tag "Foo" in a split transaction, this transaction will not appear in either the Tags page nor will it appear in a report that groups by tags (eg "Transactions by Tag")

All of the non-split transactions with Foo will appear in both of those locations, but if Foo is used in any splits they do not appear at all.

This is still the case for me as of the daily build (for windows) for 2022-04-02 (kmymoney-5.1-1352-windows-msvc2019_64-cl.exe).

I forget at this point, but I believe I used to have the issue in which the bug entry 424903 resolved, where split transactions with tags were in the wrong column of the Tags page (appearing as deposit when it should be payment) but right now the split-tag transaction simply does not appear at all on this page.

I believe that bug entry 406403 is the proper bug entry for this thread's problem, and it seems as if this bug has been an issue for a while now.
peteror
Registered Member

Tue Apr 26, 2022 2:03 am
Just confirmed the same issue on a Mac - tags used in split transactions do not show in reports by tag.