This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

TAGS - How have you used them ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jehoshua
Registered Member
OS

TAGS - How have you used them ?

Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:36 pm
How have you used TAGS ? Are they simply to reduce the need for repetitive data ? Like I use the BSB, Bank and account details of a payee, but if I added a Tag with that info, then just use the TAG, right ?

Have you used any structure at all in how you add/use TAGS ?

Edit (later)
My initial questions were based on the assumption that I could setup a tag, say

GH1

and in the "Notes" part add something like
BSB 999999, A/C # 999 999 999, A/C Name: Goofey Harrigon

, and then when I use the tag GH1 , it will add the "Notes"

but not so, the Notes are not referenced in the actual transaction. For example, in the memo field.

Currently running Kubuntu 22.04, Plasma 5.24.4, Frameworks 5.92.0, Qt 5.15.3, kernel 5.15.0-46-generic (64-bit), GeForce 840M Graphics
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
Did you have a look at the KMyMoney manual? Tags can be used to earmark transactions and this way assign them to e.g. a specific project across multiple categories. Regarding your usage of the notes field available with a tag, the manual is pretty clear:
The Details tab includes a user-defined color, as well as Notes, which are not used elsewhere.

Hope that helps.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
markhm
Registered Member
OS

Re: TAGS - How have you used them ?

Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:27 pm
Be very careful about using tags. I have found most reports do not display them properly. I have submitted bug reports on this long ago and it is still unfixed.
Section_8
Registered Member
OS

Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:01 pm
I use tags to track the tax year of IRA contributions. Then, in the "Tags", tab, I can select a specific IRA tax year tag and immediately see the total IRA contributions for that tax year.
jehoshua
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:44 am
@ipwizard - Thank you.

Currently running Kubuntu 22.04, Plasma 5.24.4, Frameworks 5.92.0, Qt 5.15.3, kernel 5.15.0-46-generic (64-bit), GeForce 840M Graphics