This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Set category for account transfers/payements

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ThilusFR
Registered Member
Hello,

I'm using KMyMoney to track my expenses and try to reduce them to the budget I set for each month.
The problem is that I have bank transfers from one account to an other and it doesn't appear in the budget. Those transfers are mandatory for certain type of savings accounts (minimum deposits each month), so I want to consider them as expenses (even if they don't change my net worth).

Is there a way to categorize those transfer between accounts and make them show up in the budgets reports?

Thanks
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
Unfortunately, no. You could create an expense account and a corresponding income account and then transfer through those. That's the only way I could think of at the moment.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
denirojason
Registered Member
I’m aware this response is a bit late, but I just wanted to say that I understand how frustrating it can be to track expenses, especially when dealing with bank transfers between accounts. You can categorize those transfers as expenses by creating a custom category specifically for them. Another option you might want to consider is using the best budgeting app for ios, which allows you to easily track transactions from one financial account to another. This app automatically categorizes these transactions, and can even send you email alerts when you go over budget. By using this app, you'll be able to effectively track your expenses and stay on top of your finances.