This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

No decimal&thousand separators in ordinate axis graduations

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gnull
Registered Member
OS
Hello,

I am using kymynoney Version 5.1.2-99be6bdb1 on Windows 10.

Since several months, I have noted that numbers are not presented appropriately in "net value" reports axis :
- there is no more decimal and thousand separators in amounts reported as ordinate axis numbers graduation
- there is no way anymore to specify display format of numbers (I remember this was existing in older Kmymoney versions)

Has anybody encountered the same issue and found solution to correct this ?

Thks ...
markhm
Registered Member
OS
If you are talking about the Net Worth graphs, it has been that way with the Linux versions for at least the past few years (since I started using KMyMoney).

I have submitted a bug report long ago about this subject, but it doesn't seem to have been addressed. My understanding, is that some issues related to reports are unlikely to be resolved since the person who programmed the reports module is no longer with the KMyMoney team.
gnull
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for your reply ...

And yes I was speaking about Net Worth graph.Then at least, it seems that bug is consistent over linux and windows platforms ;-)

For the lack of resource regarding report module, I was fearing something like this .
For me if situation remains unchanged, this is important risk for the future of kmymoney : A financial tool without proper reporting features, it would be just useless ...

So I hope that a new candidate will apply to the "position"

kmymoney is really great tool, this would be a pitty to have it abandoned because of too much issue like this one
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
I am not the new candidate :) , but opened a wishlist entry anyway.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
markhm
Registered Member
OS
Graph formatting is listed as being fixed with most recent appimage but it remains unchanged and unformatted with the latest version.

I am running Linux Mint 20.3
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
This heavily depends on the way your distro brings out updates where we don't really have an influence. Or am I missing something?

gnull
Registered Member
OS
Hello ipwizard,

Do I understand correctly that just after whishlist was created by you, the bug was corrected ?
If yes this whishlist process seems very quick and efficient, it's nice to know its existence ;-)

By the way I can not test & confirm this is solving issue on Windows OS.
It seems correction is applied only for linux build ( whishlist says "Platform: Other Linux" ? )
And when I was jumping on page https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KMyMoney_Release_win64/ for downloading the most recent windows version, then I noticed windows builds are failing since 14 days ...

This is already great news to know that correction request has taken in consideration and that update has been issued.
I will then wait easily a few days more to test ...

Thanks !
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
gnull wrote:Do I understand correctly that just after whishlist was created by you, the bug was corrected ?
If yes this whishlist process seems very quick and efficient, it's nice to know its existence ;-)

It's always quick when only a single person is involved in the process end-to-end :-D

gnull wrote:By the way I can not test & confirm this is solving issue on Windows OS.
It seems correction is applied only for linux build ( whishlist says "Platform: Other Linux" ? )
And when I was jumping on page https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/KMyMoney_Release_win64/ for downloading the most recent windows version, then I noticed windows builds are failing since 14 days ...

All source code changes/corrections are applied to a single source code tree. So if the builds work then they will get the change automagically. So it's now more a matter of fixing the Windows build environment (again, arrrgh). I know why I am on Linux :D

gnull
Registered Member
OS
Hi ipwizard,

Windows build is working again since a few days !
I have been able to test kmymoney last version ( 5.1.2-9ccd1fe4c ) today, on windows 10.

And result is ok for me : I have now a blank/space separator for thousands in ordinate axis graduation numbers
Then windows platform have been corrected also by whishlist.

Thank you very much for this fix (and for my eyes) !!!
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
gnull wrote:Windows build is working again since a few days !

Yes, thanks to another KDE developer who fixed that problem.