This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Importing OFX files - transactions split strangely

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dcrobertson
Registered Member
OS
Hi - I am importing transactions from my bank account using an OFX file. When I do this, all the imported transactions are split with, it would seem, details from previous transactions. I have to go and delete all the splits and enter the new split.

I have turned off autofill in the settings, but this doesn't seem to make a difference. And this transaction is for $60 ish, the one it is getting the splits from is for $30 ish. So auto fill shouldn't be doing this anyway.

Is there any way to stop the import being split like this? I would like the tax split - but that would be enough.

And it is most of the transactions where this is happening. Not just one or two.

Cheers
Don
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
I looked through the code and it seems that your problem is related to a section in the MyMoneyStatementReader. That in fact only kicks in for transactions of the same payee. Does that match your observations?

Unfortunately, there is no option to turn it off (yet) and the autofill settings are not used there either. Maybe using them is a solution to the problem. Needs to be discussed.

A few general questions: which version of KMyMoney are you using under which operating system?

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
dcrobertson
Registered Member
OS
Hi - sorry for the delay in replying. I don't use kmymoney a lot - just at the end of the month :-)

I am running Kubuntu 21.10

KDE Frameworks 5.86.0
Qt 5.15.2 (built against 5.15.2)
The xcb windowing system

kMyMoney version 5.1.2

It says it is maintained by the ubuntu maintainers - so guessing I installed from the kubuntu repositories.
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
Thanks for the version details. Your answer leaves the following question from my original post open:
That in fact only kicks in for transactions of the same payee. Does that match your observations?

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5