This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Importing investment transactions to multiple account combos

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hynow
Registered Member
Hello, I have read the documentation and looked at the sample import csv, but cannot get this to work. Could someone please lend some assistance?

I imported investment transactions and successfully created multiple new stock symbols from the single file. I was able to specify a single investment account name in the file header so the importer did not have to ask me which account to use (and this also seemed to work by using account number from the edit account dialog institution tab), which is odd since it's not a unique identifier like the id in the sql account table. But it did still ask which checking account to use.

Is it possible to specify both accounts to use? And ideally different combinations per transaction line? Ideally each transaction line would have a "Security" value and an "Account" value.

Thanks very much!
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS
It might help if you provided a more specific example of what is not working for you. When you say import to multiple accounts, it is not clear what you mean. Importing to an investment account should automatically use the brokerage account with the name of the investment account appended with " (Brokerage)" (translated to the current locale) and should be able to handle multiple securites, each of which is handled in it's own account. Again, more details might help us provide a better answer.