This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Card Card Not Recognized As Liability After Data Import

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kellyv
Registered Member
Hi

New user to KMM, switched from GnuCash. I imported my GnuCash accounts data and everything was fine until I tried to import data from my bank into my Credit Card. The account doesn't show up in the import window, I assume this is because that the Credit Card account is listed as an Asset and not a Liability. I have not had problems importing data to other accounts (Checking, Savings) and as a test I created a new Credit Card account and was able to import the transactions (I also tried CVS but the account isn't shown in the import window there, either).

I would prefer to not have to go back and make changes in the accounts I have reconciled thus far to reflect the new account.

Is there a way I can change the Credit Card to a Liability?

Thanks
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
Not 100% sure if this will work (and I can't currently test myself) so make sure you have a backup before you continue :)

Create an empty new credit card account. Open the ledger of your current asset account and select all transactions (Ctrl+A). Then open the context menu and use "Move transaction to ..." and select the new credit card.

Looking forward to the results.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
kellyv
Registered Member
Wow! ;D

That worked. I made a copy of my current file, renamed it, opened it up and moved the transactions to the test account I had already made. It worked fine, I had to do some cleanup because there were some duplicate transactions from my previous test and I had the wrong opening balance (again from my original test) but these were very easy to fix; the duplicates showed as un-reconciled and in yellow (since I have Imported Transactions setup as yellow in Colors) so again - wow.

Thank you so much. KMyMoney is kicking my previous accounting software's a**