This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

update stock quotes

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
darktrinity
Registered Member
OS

update stock quotes

Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:38 pm
Hi Community :)

Within KMyMoney I would like to update stock quotes automatically, but it just does not work. Also I have no idea how the rootdata must be entered and I just do not find any information. Also I am not that familar with such financal things :-\

How I can I do this for the Suse Aktie ? (SUSE S.A. DL 1) ?
What do I need to enter that yahoo finds teh data ?

My config is as follows: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14iL4ke-LXhBosmg9nD9pENatobevvQGV/view?usp=sharing

But regardless which plattform I choose to sync (yahoo finance, ect), it just does not find data.

I would be happy to understand what to enter in the config (screenshot above) and understand what these things are

Thank you in advance
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Re: update stock quotes  Topic is solved

Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:39 pm
You're very close. Some of your problems may be related to the German translation of the UI. As the symbol (Börsensymbol) you need to specify the symbol that the price source uses to identify it. In your case (yahoo finance) it is SUSE.DE. I found out by looking up the symbol on the website of yahoo finance. Then I tried to check if I can get some data using this link which is supposed to be used by KMyMoney later on. Success. So I entered SUSE.DE as the symbol and selected Yahoo Finance as the online source.

After adding the security to my investment account, I went to the price updater and got the following:
Fetching URL https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/fin ... =SUSE.DE...
Price found: '22.9' (22,9)
Price for SUSE.DE updated (id E000004)

BTW: The field named "Bankleitzahl" should actually be labeled "Identifikationsnummer" and receive the ISIN or similar. Just another translation problem. I simply left it empty for my test.

Hope that helps and get you started. BTW, didn't you see the section about the investment editor in the manual? Is there anything that is not clear enough and needs improvement? Please let us know.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
darktrinity
Registered Member
OS

Re: update stock quotes

Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:33 pm
ipwizard wrote:You're very close. Some of your problems may be related to the German translation of the UI. As the symbol (Börsensymbol) you need to specify the symbol that the price source uses to identify it. In your case (yahoo finance) it is SUSE.DE. I found out by looking up the symbol on the website of yahoo finance. Then I tried to check if I can get some data using this link which is supposed to be used by KMyMoney later on. Success. So I entered SUSE.DE as the symbol and selected Yahoo Finance as the online source.

After adding the security to my investment account, I went to the price updater and got the following:
Fetching URL https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/fin ... =SUSE.DE...
Price found: '22.9' (22,9)
Price for SUSE.DE updated (id E000004)

BTW: The field named "Bankleitzahl" should actually be labeled "Identifikationsnummer" and receive the ISIN or similar. Just another translation problem. I simply left it empty for my test.

Hope that helps and get you started. BTW, didn't you see the section about the investment editor in the manual? Is there anything that is not clear enough and needs improvement? Please let us know.

^-^
THX a lot :)