This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Piece of information for a beginner

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
neogate
Registered Member

Piece of information for a beginner

Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:23 pm
Hello everybody,

I'm a new user of linux, I'm on Kubuntu 22.04 and I discovered Kmymoney which is fantastic !
After a few tries, I succeed in installing the software, but I want to do it clean, then I have a question for you please:

On my discover, who manage the software, I tried to download it, but no way, It shows me nothing about Kmymoney.
Then on terminal, I got it, but I want to understand why it is not apparing in the discover section.

And when I Look for the package, the url to add on my package manager, I didn't find anything, just a mention : 'KMyMoney is readily available on the majority of Linux distributions. You can install it using the Software Center provided by your vendor.', which is not help for me, that is my first day on linux.

I search and search, but no way.

Could someone help me about that please ?

Thanks.
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
A question I have before I dive into the details is, how exactly did you 'install' KMyMoney? There are various ways and to help you further, we need to understand what you have done so far. Not every command you issued, but the path you went. Something like:
  • I used tool Z to do Y
  • I downloaded file A from URL to location C
  • I copied file A to directory B
  • I changed the file X to contains Y
and so on. That should be a starter on our journey.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5