This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Compile KMyMoney v5.1.3 from source

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sandyvee
Registered Member

Compile KMyMoney v5.1.3 from source

Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:46 pm
Hello, I'm trying to compile the new KMyMoney on Ubuntu 20.04 and it's failing with load file missing of ECMAddAppIcon. Below is the output:

software/kmymoney-5.1.3/build]$ cmake .. -Wno-dev -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/ -DECM_DIR=/usr/share/ECM
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1 (include):
include could not find load file:

ECMAddAppIcon

CMake Error at mymoney/payeeidentifier/CMakeLists.txt:18 (generate_export_header):
Unknown CMake command "generate_export_header".

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I have the following installed:
$ cmake --version
cmake version 3.16.3

and
extra-cmake-modules is already the newest version (5.68.0-0ubuntu1).

Anyone know how to fix this?
alex1701c
Registered Member
>cmake .. -Wno-dev -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/ -DECM_DIR=/usr/share/ECM

Do you need to pass in the ECM_DIR variable? On my kdesrc-build setup, this variable is automatically set to ECM_DIR:PATH=/home/user/kde/usr/share/ECM/cmake

I would suggest refreshing the build and trying it without this variable.
sandyvee
Registered Member
Thanks for the suggestions. I tried without the -DECM_DIR=/usr/share/ECM/cmake and it still failed; so I deleted all the source and re-extracted. then did the cmake again with -DECM_DIR=/usr/share/ECM and it worked. The make / make install worked just fine too. I know my first attempt was without the -DECM_DIR so thinking that may have set something incomplete? Anyway, all is working.
Thanks.
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
Looks, like you got hit by the cmake cache :) What you did is exactly the solution to solve the problem. Congrats.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5