This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Updates to KMyMoney

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gelvdh
Registered Member

Updates to KMyMoney

Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:12 am
I am new to KMyMoney and am running into several problem. I am using Linux Mint 20.3 with KMM 5.0.8. Which Forum section do I go to to get my questions answered about my problems?
gelvdh
Registered Member

Re: Updates to KMyMoney

Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:42 pm
Since I have not received any reply I will post my question here. I have several items in the Future Pay entry but they show up as past due on the Your Financial Summary screen the day after they have been paid by the bank, what am I doing wrong?
Here is a screen shot for one of the items.
/home/gunter/Pictures/Screenshot from 2022-08-09 09-28-21.png
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Updates to KMyMoney  Topic is solved

Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:06 am
Let me give it a try: Select the transaction in the schedules view (Zukünftige Zahlungen) with the right mouse button and select Enter schedule. This will bring up a dialog where you can adjust the transaction if needed. Press OK to enter the transaction into the ledger. That should solve your problem. If you want to automate this process, there is an option that allows you to enter the transaction when they are due. The most elegant way is to use the method of online transaction download with automatic matching if that is available for you.

Hope that helps.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
gelvdh
Registered Member

Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:35 pm
Thanks for the help, that solved my problem. Now I just need to learn the intricacies of the program. Again thanks. gelvdh
gelvdh
Registered Member

Thu Sep 15, 2022 1:42 pm
Howdy ipwizard, your previous reply worked fine but I am still trying to automate the process that you mentioned. I can't do it via the bank route, it is not available to me but the other way looks like it will solve my problems if I can figure out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated. gelvdh :)
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Sep 15, 2022 6:21 pm
Did you read the last paragraph on that page of our KMyMoney handbook?

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5