This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Complicated Scheduled Transaction

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vbevans
Registered Member

Complicated Scheduled Transaction

Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:14 am
Been using kMyMoney for a while, so am fairly comfortable. Am now on SSI and can't figure out how to set up a scheduled transaction for it. In my case, my payment hits on the second Wednesday of every month. Is there a way to set up for this odd frequency? Thanks.
markhm
Registered Member
OS

Re: Complicated Scheduled Transaction

Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:07 am
I have seen a feature request to the developers for this. I don't know if they are considering it.

I, too, would welcome it. As a work-around, I put "Second Wednesday" etc in the schedule title and adjust the date accordingly on each month's schedule.
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:30 am
markhm wrote:I have seen a feature request to the developers for this. I don't know if they are considering it.

Yes, they do! It's just a matter of developer time to get around to it. Since it's not an easy task and is possibly not 100% backward compatible some care must be taken. We don't want to ruin your data. Can you drop a link to the feature request here so that there is a reference for completeness? Thanks.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
markhm
Registered Member
OS

Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:12 pm
Here is the link to Bug 333093 https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=333093. This seems to be the official one on the topic.

Note that there are also duplicate bugs listed as 338699, 351681, 403332 and 437726.
vbevans
Registered Member

Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:46 am
Thanks for the replies. My wife suggested another workaround. Create a one time scheduled transaction for each month on the appropriate date.
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:00 pm
vbevans wrote:My wife suggested another workaround. Create a one time scheduled transaction for each month on the appropriate date.

Yes. but really cumbersome. You would have to adjust 12 schedules each year. Computers should make your life easier not harder

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5