This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Tip of the day missing from kmymoney-5.1-179-linux-64-gcc.Ap

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
gking
Registered Member
OS
I recently upgrade my KMyMoney system as follows (it is a virtual image):
kubuntu-22.04.1
Linux KDEKMM2022 5.15.0-46-generic #49-Ubuntu SMP Thu Aug 4 18:03:25 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
KMyMoney Version 5.1.2-b063f6349 from kmymoney-5.1-179-linux-64-gcc.AppImage

Now the "Tip of the day" popup has no tip. "Previous" and "Next" buttons also do not show a tip. I have launched KMM from the command line and also from an icon on taskbar but result is the same..

Program runs fine so it is not a problem, but I like checking the tips on startup. I sometimes learn something new.

Greg
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS
I'm a bit confused. The tip of the day feature was removed last September, but only from master branch, so it should be present in your version. I definitely see it present in my copy of the appimage 179 which is from July. I couldn't find the configuration item to show or not show it, but I added it to the toolbar, and the popup has a check-box whether or not to show it on startup.
It sounds like you get the pop-up, but no tips (or all the tips are showing up as blank text.) Since it's an appimage, it shouldn't be a problem with the distro's package. When you say your version is "from" the appimage, are you running the .appimage file, or some other way of running the program?
gking
Registered Member
OS
Yes, I see a popup with a blank tip. I am running the appimage :
kmymoney -> Downloads/kmymoney-5.1-179-linux-64-gcc.AppImage
Greg
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS
Can you try a more recent appimage?
gking
Registered Member
OS
I just tried kmymoney-master-296-linux-64-gcc.AppImage and it looks like the feature has been removed. :(
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
Yes, it has been removed, because upstream removed the support for it.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5