This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Cannot find 'Encryption' menu in Settings

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
chapintokyo
Registered Member
I'm trying to set up KMyMoney to save using GPG encryption but when I open up the settings screen, I can't find the 'Encryption' menu. All I have in Setttings are:

General
Home
Ledger
Scheduled transactions
Online Quotes
Colors
Fonts
Icons
Plugins

Can someone point me at a good tutorial, or point out where the Encryption page might be? Perhaps I need to set up the GPG key when I'm in KMYMOney New FIle Setup wizard, is this it?

Thanks for your help in advance.
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS
I don't know if you checked in the Handbook, but it does seem that page is a bit out of date (it's now on my list to update). Since then, the XML storage backend has been moved into a plugin, so the configuration is under "Settings/Configure KMyMoney..." Select the Plugins icon at the lower left, then find the "XML Storage" plugin near the bottom of the list and click the configure icon on that line.
Separately, if you already have an existing kmy or xml file, and do "File/Save As...." near the end of the process, you are offered the option of encryption.
chapintokyo
Registered Member
Problem solved! Thanks for your quick response. I did check in the Handbook, but I am still learning my way around the software... Thanks again.