This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

how to assign multiple entries to the same category?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-teo
Registered Member
Hi,
it's the first time I use KMyMoney and I can't find a way to assign multiple entries in the same category. I filtered and selected the entries in "Ledgers" Tab but I can't find how to do it. I imported the data from a file, there are many entries that can be grouped in the same category and I don't want to select the category line by line.

thanks! 8-)
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS
Which version of KMM are you using, and what is your OS/distribution?
Your description was not very clear, but I am assuming you imported many transactions which should all be assigned the same category, but they either don't have an assigned category or got assigned to several different categories, and you want an easy way to assign them all to the same category. If you are using any 5.1 version, you should be able to select the relevant transactions, and then edit them all at once. You should be able to either click the "Edit" button or select the Transaction/Edit menu, or double click on any one of the selected transactions. Then, you assign the category to the one transaction it looks like you are editing, and when you "Save" it gets assigned to all the selected transactions. That editing of multiple transactions does not currently work an in version compiled from git master branch, although I wouldn't advise using that version as a new user.
Let us know if this fixes your problem, or if you need more help.
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
Small correction: the double-click may not work in this case because it does a re-selection of the single transaction that is double-clicked before it starts editing. The other mentioned methods work as described.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
kde-teo
Registered Member
Thank you very much, it worked! :)