This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Swapping display of debit and credit columns

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hynow
Registered Member
Hello, is it possible to swap the position of debit and credit columns in the ledger? Or would it ever be considered as a new setting option?

For an accountant, I imagine the current setup would be like learning how to read from right to left, or write with the opposite hand than usual.
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
It's already implemented in the current development version (we refer to it as master). Columns can be moved around to the user's liking.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
hynow
Registered Member
Hello! Could you please point me towards how to do that? I've searched online and through the settings, but can't seem to find it.

I see the ability for institutions, accounts, categories, and investments, but not ledgers. Thanks!
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
Which version of KMyMoney are you using? See at the top of Help/About KMyMoney

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
hynow
Registered Member
Windows Version 5.1.3-5b03a2216
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS
This feature is not available in 5.1.3. It is only available in versions compiled from the git master branch. There is not yet any timeline for when it will be available in a production release. I think ipwizard mentioned it to show it was already recognized as a need, and there would be no purpose in creating a bug report to request it, as it has already been programmed. It will just now take some time until it is available in a released version.
hynow
Registered Member
Thanks to both of you! I managed to install the master AppImage and am very relieved and thankful for the feature.

How can I judge how risky it is to use this version?

Also, It no longer displays dark mode, unlike the release installed via the Software program in Gnome Fedora. Plus everything on the Home page is minuscule.

Is absence of theming intentional in the master?