This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Overdue Payments Color not red

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jpeppas
Registered Member

Overdue Payments Color not red

Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:24 am
After updating to Version 5.1.3-5b03a2216, the overdue payments color is not red as before, either in the OverDue payment in the home screen, or the Scheduled transaction section.

Is this change done by design? I cannot seem to find any setting to revert to the previous color.
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS

Re: Overdue Payments Color not red

Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:14 pm
That version suggests you are either using an appimage, or compiling from source, in which case you can just try a newer version. I am not aware of any intentional change to colors. I'm using a version from git master, and on the home screen, only the header "Overdue Payments" is in red, not the payments themselves. Those ARE red in the Scheduled transaction View.
markhm
Registered Member
OS

Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:45 pm
I am using the latest appimage. I experience the following:

If I open a .kmy file, only the header line of overdue payments is in red.
If I open a .xml file, the header line and the individual overdue payments are in red.
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:08 am
markhm wrote:I am using the latest appimage. I experience the following:

If I open a .kmy file, only the header line of overdue payments is in red.
If I open a .xml file, the header line and the individual overdue payments are in red.

I doubt that the problem you encounter/report has anything to do with the storage format of the file. After all, the .kmy format is just a gzipped version of the .xml one with the same content. To verify this, please report what happens when you do the following:

1. Take your .kmy file (that only shows the header line in red) and create a copy in XML with the following command: zcat "name-of-your-kmy-file" > bla.xml
  2. Start KMyMoney with bla.xml as argument to open the xml variant
Do the entries are shown in red or only the header line? Once done, you can remove bla.xml from your disk.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
markhm
Registered Member
OS

Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:16 am
ipwizard:

What you suggest is what I tried when I observed the situation.

I had another issue. Reconciling a loan account seemed to change the next scheduled date. To fix the date, I saved the file as an xml file and edited the date. I then opened the xml file to verify the date and noticed overdue schedules were in red and I was also getting a different font in the registers. I saved the file back to my original kmy file. I opened the file again as a kmy file and fonts were back to normal and overdue schedules were back to being black.

UPDATE: i realized what happened. I always open my kmy file with the latest appinage. When I opened the xml file, it opened with an older installed version of the program.