This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Reconciling Imported CSV file

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rdarling
Registered Member

Reconciling Imported CSV file

Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:15 pm
I have imported my large (from 1995) CSV file into Current Account.

I did a Reconciliation as at 11/10/2022 which has produced a Last Reconciliation entry at that date point, but all the entries before that date have not had their C Columns changed to R.

How do I achieve that?

Russell Darling
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS

Re: Reconciling Imported CSV file

Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:09 pm
Are you sure you finished the reconciliation? If so, the first thing to try is just to repeat the reconciliation for that same date. If that doesn't work, we should figure out why not. What version are you running, and what distribution or OS are you running?

One final option would be to select all the transactions to be changed, and then use the menu Transaction/Mark transaction as.../Reconciled. However, I would avoid that for now, until we know why the reconciliation process didn't make that change automatically.
rdarling
Registered Member

Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:45 am
Thank you for your reply.

Based on your reply, I selected all my transactions and marked them all as cleared. This changed them all to C.

Doing a Reconcile now works and changed them all to R - so success.

Russell Darling
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:13 am
Glad you found the solution to your problem. In case you want to read some more about the reconciliation process: we do have a whole section on it in our manual.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5