This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Screen layout

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rdarling
Registered Member

Screen layout

Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:50 pm
All my data was created by a CSV import.

Some of my screens do not look the same as those in the user manual.

For instance, when clicking on Accounts, the screen has just three lines underneath the KMyMoney banner:

Account
> (an icon) Liability
> (car icon) Asset

with no data alongside.

Clicking on the "Greater than" sign expands the list to show:

V (card icon) Credit Card
(card icon) The account name

still with no data alongside.

Can someone explain the difference between my screens and those in the manual?

Russell Darling
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS

Re: Screen layout

Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:00 pm
The main reason for such differences is that the manual is not fully up to date with the application. At the beginning of each chapter in the manual should be a note about the version of the application for which it was last updated. Some chapters are still on 4.x. I've been working (far too slowly) on finishing upgrading all of them to 5.x, but it's an ongoing process.
The second reason for differences is that there are numerous configuration settings which can change the content (and possibly layout) of many screens.
In the specific case you mention, the default layout is with the tree of accounts fully collapsed. Clicking the ">" sign expands that section. It is also the apparent default to only show the column with the name of the account. If you right click on the header row, you should get a popup where you can click the checkbox to show the other available columns for that display.
Let us know if this helps.
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:04 pm
Right click on the header to see if the other columns are activated. They should be, but you never know. Also, they could be shifted out to the right. Check the horizontal slidebar on the bottom of the accounts view and adjust column widths by dragging the column separator in the header.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
rdarling
Registered Member

Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:21 pm
Thanks - these were fast replies!

Doing a right-click on the header allows me to activate some or all of the columns. I have chosen those that are meaningful to me.

Russell Darling