This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Statement Import - Selected Bank Doesn't Remain Set

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rblackwell
Registered Member
OS
Earlier this year, the financial establishment associated with my credit card changed from "Bank A" to "Bank B". Since that change occurred, I continuously have to select the associated account when importing statement data. This is the only account with the issue. Imports into other accounts don't require selection of the associated account. The account field populates with the correct account. Here's a screen shot of the window I'm referring to https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkQjhH8ZRg3qlMgx__AHU-OgXwZUgw?e=OUTeFk

Any idea why this one account will not stay set?
rblackwell
Registered Member
OS
Have I discovered the issue?

I compared a qfx file from an institution that correctly identifies the account with a qfx file received from the institution that won't populate the account field. I discovered there's a format difference in the header of the none working file. There's a section that reads "<ACCTTYPE>CREDITLINE". If I remove that statement, save the file and import it, the bank account is correctly identified by KMYMoney.

I highly doubt the financial institution will change the format of the file so I'm left wondering if there's a setting in KMYMoney that can be adjusted to address this difference?
Stephen Leibowitz
Registered Member
My reading of the Open Financial Exchange Specification is that “<ACCTTYPE>CREDITLINE” is for a line of credit for a bank account (see 11.3.1.1). This is a not the same as a credit card account (see 11.3.2), even if the financial institution is a bank. Perhaps your institution has classified your credit card account as a line of credit? I downloaded a .qfx file for my credit card account from a US bank. ACCTTYPE or CREDITLINE does not appear in the file. Here are a few lines from near the top:

</SONRS>
</SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
<CREDITCARDMSGSRSV1>
<CCSTMTTRNRS>
<TRNUID>1
<STATUS>
<CODE>0
<SEVERITY>INFO
<MESSAGE>Success
</STATUS>
<CCSTMTRS>
<CURDEF>USD
<CCACCTFROM>
rblackwell
Registered Member
OS
Stephen Leibowitz wrote:...Perhaps your institution has classified your credit card account as a line of credit?

I believe that is the case. I doubt the bank would be receptive to changing their code however I'll reach out to them later today and see. In the mean time, are you aware of any KMyMoney/OFX settings that can be changed to overcome the issue?

BTW, Thanks for the OFX link.
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
rblackwell wrote:Have I discovered the issue?

I compared a qfx file from an institution that correctly identifies the account with a qfx file received from the institution that won't populate the account field. I discovered there's a format difference in the header of the none working file. There's a section that reads "<ACCTTYPE>CREDITLINE". If I remove that statement, save the file and import it, the bank account is correctly identified by KMYMoney.difference?

What do you mean by statement in "If I remove that statement"? Simply that ACCTTYPE line or more? If more, how much and what exactly?

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
rblackwell
Registered Member
OS
ipwizard wrote:What do you mean by statement in "If I remove that statement"?

I'm referring to the two words "<ACCTTYPE>CREDITLINE" that were removed from the file. The first few lines of the original file read;

Code: Select all
OFXHEADER:100
DATA:OFXSGML
VERSION:102
SECURITY:NONE
ENCODING:USASCII
CHARSET:1252
COMPRESSION:NONE
OLDFILEUID:NONE
NEWFILEUID:NONE

<OFX><SIGNONMSGSRSV1><SONRS><STATUS><CODE>0<SEVERITY>INFO<MESSAGE>OK</STATUS><DTSERVER>20221029102556<LANGUAGE>ENG<DTPROFUP>20221029102556<DTACCTUP>20221029102556<INTU.BID>#####</SONRS></SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
<CREDITCARDMSGSRSV1><CCSTMTTRNRS><TRNUID>20221029102556<STATUS><CODE>0<SEVERITY>INFO<MESSAGE>OK</STATUS>
<CCSTMTRS><CURDEF>CAD<CCACCTFROM><ACCTID>################<ACCTTYPE>CREDITLINE</CCACCTFROM>

The revised file reads;
Code: Select all
OFXHEADER:100
DATA:OFXSGML
VERSION:102
SECURITY:NONE
ENCODING:USASCII
CHARSET:1252
COMPRESSION:NONE
OLDFILEUID:NONE
NEWFILEUID:NONE

<OFX><SIGNONMSGSRSV1><SONRS><STATUS><CODE>0<SEVERITY>INFO<MESSAGE>OK</STATUS><DTSERVER>20221029102556<LANGUAGE>ENG<DTPROFUP>20221029102556<DTACCTUP>20221029102556<INTU.BID>#####</SONRS></SIGNONMSGSRSV1>
<CREDITCARDMSGSRSV1><CCSTMTTRNRS><TRNUID>20221029102556<STATUS><CODE>0<SEVERITY>INFO<MESSAGE>OK</STATUS>
<CCSTMTRS><CURDEF>CAD<CCACCTFROM><ACCTID>################</CCACCTFROM>

The removed section is at the end of the file. Note that account number and bank ID have been masked using #
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
The problem is, that (at least in OFX 2.3) the CCACCTFROM container (see 11.3.2 Credit Card Account <CCACCTFROM> and <CCACCTTO>) does not specify the tag <ACCTTYPE> specified. That is only allowed in <BANKACCTFROM> and <BANKACCTTO> containers. I don't know how libOFX is coping with that situation and what it reports back to KMyMoney.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5