This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

no Totals on Filtered ledger display

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ahagele
Registered Member
Hi forum,
I am looking for a quick and simple way to show sums for a filtered ledger display.
e.g filtering the ledger with 'gardening' shows a number of transactions matching the filter (as expected) but it does not show any totals.
I also tried the Find Transaction (Ctrl-f) feature. It does show the expected list of transactions but again no totals.
The other thing I tried is to hi-light a number of transactions but still no luck seeing the sum for those.
The only way I can get sums is via a customised transaction report. But that is a bit long winded.
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS
What version of KMM are you using (and on what platform or distribution?)
In 5.1, if you select multiple transactions in the ledger (even using a filter) the total value of those is shown at the bottom right. If you select all displayed transactions with Ctl-A, the total does not show, but if you then control-click any transaction twice (deselect then reselect it) the sum does show. this does not currently work in master branch, but I will submit a wishlist to restore that functionality. For now, if you are using a version from master branch, I believe the Transaction Report is your only option.
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
That feature is back in master branch and the workaround for Ctrl+A is not needed anymore in that version.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
ahagele
Registered Member
Thanks, that works.
I obviously didn't look properly. And the ctrl-A trick works fine too. I'm using 5.1.2 on Linux Mint.
I might get a bit greedy now, but is it possible in the ctrl-f function to get a sum as well? That would be better because it allows to narrow date ranges, something the ledger filter does not allow. Alternatively if there was a csv export from the ctrl-f, I could put the result into a spreadsheet and get total there.