This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

OFX Direct Connect update more than 60 days

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cbgbz
Registered Member
I just got OFX Direct Connect working for for my main account.

Is there a way to get more than 60 days of transaction downloaded from the institution?

C.
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS
As I understand it, libofx just sends the bank a starting date for retrieving transaction. If the bank wont or simply does not send more than 60 days worth, I see two options. First, If you request all transactions since 90 days ago, does the bank send the first or last 60 days of that period? If it's the first, then you can make a series of requests - moving the start date by 60 days at a time. If it only sends the most recent 60 days, then you will have to backfill your data by downloading OFX files (maybe only 60 days at a time) for the older data.
cbgbz
Registered Member
I just click on the "Update Account" button.
Then something about KDE Wallet pops up. (How can I stop it?)
I enter the password and get the update.
I'm never given the opportunity to specify a starting date or anything else.

C
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS
I can't check details now, but if you Edit the Account, there is a section for Online settings. You can check a box for it to save the password if you want, so you don't have to enter it every time. There is also an area to specify the date to use as the starting date in the request. Options are Since the last update (normally what you want once you are up to date,) a fixed number of days ago, or a specific date.
I suspect the Wallet popup is about creating and/or opening the Wallet, which is where KDE stores things like account passwords.
cbgbz
Registered Member
Thanks. I'll check it out.

C.
cbgbz
Registered Member
It seems like there's a 180 day limit. I can enter the remaining transactions from another ledger.

After that, the 60 day limit is OK.

Thanks for the help,
C
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS
Do note that limit is set by the bank, not by KMM, libofx, or by the OFX standards. A special request to the bank may or may net get you older records in OFX format.
cbgbz
Registered Member
Thanks.

I can download earlier transactions in CSV format. Not a convenient as OFX, but easier than explaining what KMyMoney is to the bank.

C.