This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

import transactions and categories from CSV file

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
surcouf
Registered Member
Hello,

I am discovering KmyMoney and try importing my historical data (from LibreOffice Calc > CSV export).
I have created the categories in KmyMoney, they match the categories already existing in my CSV file.
  • CSV file:
  • target category: (you can notice that the target category Frais bancaires is a 2nd-level category which contains itself deeper (3rd-level) categories)

When i import my CSV file having two records, the result is different: the desired category is created as a level one category, see picture:

Has anyone an idea regarding this?
  • Is it only possible to import transactions mapped to categories from CSV file if the target categories are 1st-level categories?
  • Or on the contrary, Is it only possible to import transactions mapped to categories from CSV file if the target categories are the deepest-level categories (in my example 3rd-level)?
  • or something else?

Many thanks for your help!

I am using KMyMoney version 5.0.8 (this is the one provided by my package software Synaptic).
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
Did you try using "Frais généraux:Frais bancaires" as category in the CSV file?

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
surcouf
Registered Member
No.
As shown on my picture Image i named the category as they are, without upper-level-categories in front of it.
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
Sorry if my question was confusing. With it, I wanted to trigger the trial. In other words: can you try to use the upper level and lower level concatenated by a colon as category to see if it would be a solution to the problem?

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
surcouf
Registered Member
Many thanks Ipwizard for your suggestion
use the upper level and lower level concatenated by a colon as category

it has worked!