This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Main menu missed

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ninob
Registered Member
OS

Main menu missed

Sat Mar 04, 2023 10:42 am
Hello!

After changes in KDE appearance settings main menu in KMyMoney disappeared.
How can I get it back?

Thanks in advance for helps

KDE Plasma: 5.24.4
KDE Framework: 5.90.0
Qt: 5.15.2
KMyMoney: 5.1.2
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS

Re: Main menu missed

Sat Mar 04, 2023 6:24 pm
It is probably an unwanted appearance of the "global menu" where a single menu bar appears at the top of the screen which is then used for whatever KDE program is currently in focus. I have that on my laptop, and have not figured out how to turn it off - but in that case, there is a "hamburger" menu entry (three horizontal bars) and the full KMM menu appears below that. I would suggest asking on an OpenSuse forum or mailing list to see if there were any recent changes to the default configuration that might be relevant.
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

Re: Main menu missed  Topic is solved

Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:40 am
In case of the disappeared main menu this stackexchange article may have the answer.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
ninob
Registered Member
OS

Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:57 am
ipwizard wrote:In case of the disappeared main menu this stackexchange article may have the answer.

That was! Great THANK!
Actual I knew that from the KDE3 age, but with KDE Plasma is grown more complicated and I have myself dis-habituated to use the config files.
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS

Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:33 pm
I have this problem on my Artix Linux laptop, but not on my Gentoo desktop. Manually changing Disabled to Enabled in kmymoneyrc automatically gets changed back the next time I run kmymoney. I finally seem to have fixed it by removing the hamburger menu from the title bar is SystemSettings under Global Theme/Window Decorations/Titlebar Buttons. After that, editing kmymoneyrc worked. Oddly, I do not see the menu bar entry in the keyboard shortcuts dialog for kmymoney. It IS there for Dolphin, but it didn't actually do anything until I had removed the hamburger menu. Too many moving parts :)