This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Oops I did it again !! (Bloated account slow down)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
atheist
Registered Member
OS
So, in an effort to be anal and have ALL of the security cost bases correct, I merged 20 years of TDAmeritrade with my newer eTrade account. Now, as I wait minutes for KMyMoney to slog though updating I realize I should have let sleeping dogs lie. I should have merged ONLY those securities which still exist in my portfolio. But ctrl-A and MOVE was just so...tempting...and easy.... Well, I think my best course of action is to go back a couple of days to a lean mean database backup and redo the effort. This time being a bit more parsimonious and discrete.
Or maybe there is another way.....any thoughts would be appreciated.
thanks
A
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS
As usual, we need more information. What do you mean by "slog through updating?" How long does it actually take. Is it the same slowness in both 5.1 and master? How many accounts and transactions are now in the file? When you say Ctl-A and Move, that moves within the KMyMoney file, so are you saying speed was OK with all those transactions in one account but is now slow having moved the transactions to a different account?
atheist
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for the reply. I will have to reinstall the Master version of KMyMoney to compare. Oddly, the response of the system is better today. I will do some more investigating before shaking your tree again. Meanwhile, if it helps, here is the summary File => File Information:
Payees: 4111
Institutions: 14
Accounts/Categories: 1591
Transactions: 20584
Splits: 47319
Schedules: 0
Prices: 91364
Under Type, Total, Closed
Income: 238 0
Expense: 783 0
Stock: 519 54