This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Can't Install

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
peterroberts
Registered Member

Can't Install

Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:37 am
I am trying to install KMymoney on a new install of Ubuntu 22.04. I was using KMymoney on my previous version and found it to be the simplest accounting software to use for household accounting.
When I try to install it this time, I had to use terminal. The instructions given on the website are straight forward and worked well, except that when I close terminal, the KMymoney also disappears. The data that I enter stays on my computer, but I need to go through the process as if to install it again.
How do I get the program to stay on my computer so that there is an icon somewhere that will open it with a click?

Thanks for your help.
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS

Re: Can't Install

Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:06 am
Why can't you just install it using the standard Ubuntu package management system (apt or apt-get from command line) but preferably whatever is the current GUI for software installation? Note it is not clear what you did for your terminal based install, so we can't really offer much help without more information, such as what you typed and what happened.