This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Forum To Be Archived

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rblackwell
Registered Member
OS

Forum To Be Archived

Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:17 pm
I noticed this message posted at the top of the home page this morning;

This forum will soon be archived and you won't be able to interact with it anymore. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

I've setup an account on KDE Discuss but I don't see where messages specific to KMyMoney are/will be posted. Can one of the moderators point me in the right direction.
ostroffjh
Registered Member
OS

Re: Forum To Be Archived

Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:36 pm
Disuss is KDE's implementation of Discourse. Posts get categorized by Categories and Tags. It looks like we should use the Development Category. A KMyMoney Tag is likely to get created when the first user makes a relevant post. (Not sure, but I think you get to specify a Tag when you post, if it doesn't already exist. I know Discuss has been around for several months, but this is the first I have heard (or at least the first I remember hearing) that there will be a total switchover. For now, just search on kmymoney, but eventually you can drill down to any posts for that tag.
boingy
Registered Member

Re: Forum To Be Archived

Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:22 pm
I can't help but think that Discuss with categories and tags is going to be harder to use than this forum but I'll give it a go.

Another software product I regularly use recently switched all their support/discussion to Discord. I found it bewilderingly confusing so I just don't go there. Sometimes I struggle to understand some of these decisions!