This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Scheduled Transaction: Change Currency Type

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
diveset
Registered Member
Just started to use KMyMoney today. Everything is great but I just want to know if it's possible to change the currency type when doing a schedule transaction.

Everytime I do a scheduled transaction, it's always at my local currency but I want to change some of the schedule transaction to USD.

Thanks!
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
Welcome. To provide information about your problem, it would be important which version of KMyMoney you are using. In general, the currencies are tied to the accounts involved, so it would also be interesting what exactly you are trying to achieve (e.g. schedule payment from account denominated in currency X to an expense in currency Y).

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
diveset
Registered Member
Hi

I'm using the version 5.1.3-5b6ba677f

The account is tied to PHP currency and the scheduled payment I want to do is USD on that account.

Hope this information helps

Thanks!
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
The only way to achieve that is to use an expense category denominated in USD. KMyMoney will ask you for the exchange rate while entering the transaction. Nevertheless, you may have to enter the amount for your PHP account in PHP.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
diveset
Registered Member
Thank you!