This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Transaction numbering

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
alistairbell
Registered Member

Transaction numbering

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:50 pm
Hi,

Through Ubunutu I have just upgraded to 0.9 and the handling of cheques and numbering appears to have changed. Previously I could select a cheque tab and get consecutive numbering or Withdrawl/Transfer/Deposit and no numbering by default. Now everything seems to try and number.
Is there any way in 0.9 of handling cheques differently and defaulting to only numbering them?

Thanks

Alistair
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS

RE: Transaction numbering

Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:39 am
alistairbell wrote:Is there any way in 0.9 of handling cheques differently and defaulting to only numbering them?

The differentiation between cheques, atm and regular withdrawals has been dropped in 0.9 for various reasons.

A suggestions for you to deal with this in the future is as follows:

• Turn off the "auto increment check number" feature
  • When entering check withdrawals, press "Ctrl-Shift-N" in the number field to fill in the next check number
  • When entering other withdrawals, transfers or deposits leave the number field blank

Hope that helps.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
alistairbell
Registered Member

Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:39 pm
Thanks for the reply, that now fits exactly the functionality we need and is indeed an improvement on v8 removing the somewhat arbitrary distinction. We perform transfers by cheque so that always needed a fudge to put the number in.

Might be nice if there was a button at the end of the number textbox or even a mention in the transaction menu to make it obvious to incompetents like me! Not that I'm knocking the keyboard shortcut, long may they reign.

I need to put some effort into evaluation, is there somewhere to put a wishlist bug for something like this?

Thanks

Alistair
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS

Sun Dec 07, 2008 8:32 pm
Here you have our tracker for Feature Requests.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=354708

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008