This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Latest CVS version -- QIF import broken?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
JantarMantar
Registered Member
I recently started migrating my huge MS Money file to KMyMoney2. About a week ago, as a test I exported and imported couple of accounts with great success. But today when I again exported some more accounts from MS Money and imported in KMM. to my dismay I noticed that KMM didn't populate the categories, whereas it did last time. All my newly imported transactions are missing category data, even though I can see that the QIF files have categories as "L" records ("S" for split records and BTW Categories don't have [] as delimiters, but they are required only for the accounts, correct?) Can you fix this please or let me know what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Running KMM2 on Kubuntu 8.10 using the repository from PPA

JantarMantar, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS
I know the QIF import is being seriously reworked. The PPA must have been updated during one of those "ooops" moments, but I am sure it is being taken care of because there is a lot of eyes looking at it at the moment.
Actually, it is the main subject of development right now.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
Hei Ku wrote:Actually, it is the main subject of development right now.

That's very true, and I just imported a MS-Money QIF file with 1700+ transactions and all relevant categories are created. This code is already available via CVS if you're interested.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
JantarMantar
Registered Member
ipwizard wrote:That's very true, and I just imported a MS-Money QIF file with 1700+ transactions and all relevant categories are created. This code is already available via CVS if you're interested.

That would be ideal -- or so I thought. This might be over my head, but when I tried to follow the instructions to building my own KMM2, I ran into following problem and I don't know how to solve it.

Code: Select all
sudo apt-get install kdelibs4-dev build-essential

Unpacking kdelibs4-dev (from .../kdelibs4-dev_4%3a3.5.10-0ubuntu6_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs4-dev_4%3a3.5.10-0ubuntu6_i386.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libkwalletbackend.so', which is also in package kdebase-runtime
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs4-dev_4%3a3.5.10-0ubuntu6_i386.deb

I am using kubuntu 8.10 with kde 4.2rc enabled using ppa.launchpad.net/kubuntu-experimental

Thanks

Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS
Are you using Clay's PPA?
In that case, you can wait until it is updated from CVS. That shouldn't take long.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
claydoh
Registered Member
OS
tonight actually :)
Somehow I often set up a build just *before* a bunch of changes get committed ;)

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS
claydoh wrote:tonight actually :)
Somehow I often set up a build just *before* a bunch of changes get committed ;)

It's actually not so bad. You have many users of your package, and I'd rather have some time to polish such big changes before it hits them.

JantarMantar
Registered Member
claydoh wrote:tonight actually :)

Hi claydoh,

Did you get a chance to update your PPA repositories? I am still getting all my imported transactions as uncategorized. Adept upgraded whole bunch of things today, so I am pretty sure KMM would have been part of it. (BTW how do I check if I have the latest version? ? It says 0.9.2-cvs)

Thanks

claydoh
Registered Member
OS
JantarMantar wrote:Hi claydoh,

Did you get a chance to update your PPA repositories? I am still getting all my imported transactions as uncategorized. Adept upgraded whole bunch of things today, so I am pretty sure KMM would have been part of it. (BTW how do I check if I have the latest version? ? It says 0.9.2-cvs)

Thanks

You will need to look in your package manager and look for the version, it is based on the date, so the last one I did would be 12142008cvs

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
JantarMantar
Registered Member
You will need to look in your package manager and look for the version, it is based on the date, so the last one I did would be 12142008cvs

It's the correct version alright. But the QIF import is still broken for me. I guess I'll just wait until KMM matures a bit and put up with MS Money a tad longer. I appreciate your and Hie Ku's efforts to help me.

Thanks

Last edited by JantarMantar on Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS
We cannot help you unless you can provide us more info on what is wrong with what you are trying to do.

ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
I fixed a bug this morning (in UTC+1) which solves the issue of loosing category/transfer information. It was caused by an uninitialized variable in case you're interested. In case you want to give it another try, please update from CVS.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
JantarMantar
Registered Member
ipwizard wrote:I fixed a bug this morning (in UTC+1) which solves the issue of loosing category/transfer information. It was caused by an uninitialized variable in case you're interested. In case you want to give it another try, please update from CVS.

Thanks guys! I'll definitely try it out as soon as claydoh updates his repository and let you know.

JantarMantar
Registered Member
ipwizard wrote:I fixed a bug this morning (in UTC+1) which solves the issue of loosing category/transfer information. It was caused by an uninitialized variable in case you're interested. In case you want to give it another try, please update from CVS.

Thanks ipwizard! Your fix seems to have worked! Nice work! Also, thanks to claydoh for making KMM available to everyone via his repositories.

I have finally cured myself of Windows :-). No more dual-booting for me.

Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for not losing your faith on us. And of course to Thomas, Allan and others who are doing a great job with the QIF import.

Last edited by Hei Ku on Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.