This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Solved]Problem compiling KMyMoney from CVS, OpenSP headers missing

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wolfemi1
Registered Member
OS
Hello all,

I'm trying to get a good working build of the bleeding-edge version of KMyMoney working. I'm running Kubuntu on a dual-core Intel system, 64-bit version, with KDE 4.1. Everything is pretty much a default install.

I've been following the instructions listed at http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/anoncvs.html , and I've gotten to the ./configure step. Since I want to use OFX automatic downloading, I use:

./configure --with-qt-dir=/usr/lib/qt --enable-ofxplugin --enable-ofxbanking

Everything seems to be working fine until the end, when I get this block of text:

checking for pkg-config... /usr/bin/pkg-config
checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
checking if the OFX importer plugin is desired... yes
checking if OFX direct connect is desired... yes
checking OpenSP/macros.h usability... no
checking OpenSP/macros.h presence... no
checking for OpenSP/macros.h... no
configure: error: cannot find OpenSP headers. Please ensure you have OpenSP installed.

(emphasis mine)

I've installed OpenSP and any libs that look related through Synaptic, and I still get this message. Has anyone seen this before?

Last edited by wolfemi1 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolfemi1, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS
You need the development headers for OpenSP.
I don't see it in the repos, so I think you are gonna have to download the source and install those manually.

http://openjade.sourceforge.net/download.html

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
wolfemi1
Registered Member
OS
Fantastic, thanks! After just a bit of a stumble compiling and installing OpenSP, configure succeeded! I'm building now, and will come back if I have any other issues. Thanks!

wolfemi1, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
Teasel
Registered Member
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but just a quick note to say that...

sudo apt-get install libosp-dev

...worked for me on Jaunty. (I've not checked earlier distributions.) Slightly annoyingly, the package description nowhere mentions "OpenSP" -- I only found it by searching for "jade".
AboveTheLogic
Registered Member
Teasel wrote:Apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but just a quick note to say that...

sudo apt-get install libosp-dev

...worked for me on Jaunty. (I've not checked earlier distributions.) Slightly annoyingly, the package description nowhere mentions "OpenSP" -- I only found it by searching for "jade".

thanks for posting that, I think you saved me some time

in my case, I also needed to run:

sudo apt-get install libofx-dev

before being able to run make in jaunty

Last edited by AboveTheLogic on Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

eMachines E520 notebook, 2ghz celeron, 3gb RAM, 160gb HDD, etc... woot.com special with no Microsoft tax running Kubuntu 9.04 beautifully :)