This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED]How do I change an account from Income to Expense?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wolfemi1
Registered Member
OS
Hello all,

I've been working with KMyMoney exclusively for a week or so now, and I LOVE it. I have run into a snag or two though. One of them is that I have an account (that was imported from GnuCash) that is listed as an income account, but is actually an expense account. The transactions are all still debited/credited appropriately, but when I try and edit the account's properties, the 'income' category selector is grayed out. Is there any way I can correct this?

Thanks,

-Mike

Last edited by wolfemi1 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolfemi1, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS
I think the fastest way to do it is create a new account, then go to the old account, select all transactions and move them to the new account.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
Hei Ku wrote:I think the fastest way to do it is create a new account, then go to the old account, select all transactions and move them to the new account.

Almost. Create a new category (as expense), then simply delete the old (income) category. You will be asked:

Code: Select all
The transactions, schedules and budgets associated with the selected category need to be re-assigned to a different category before the selected category can be deleted. Please select a category from the list below.

Now select the new category and press OK.

This requires (I think) at least 0.9.2.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
wolfemi1
Registered Member
OS
Awesome, it worked! Thanks guys!

wolfemi1, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.