This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How to budget transfers?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
troycarpenter
Registered Member
OS

How to budget transfers?

Sun Jan 11, 2009 5:13 am
Is it possible to budget transfers from one asset account to another? For instance, if I regularly transfer $100 each month from checking to savings (either at the same institution or another), I would like for a way to represent that transfer in my budget.

It would seem easy to add the asset/liability accounts into the screen that selects the budget category.

This is possible in Quicken, which I'm trying move away from here at the start of 2009.

Thanks
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS

RE: How to budget transfers?

Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:43 am
It is not possible at the moment to budget assets and liabilities. I don't think it will be before 1.0

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
troycarpenter
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:28 pm
Hei Ku wrote:It is not possible at the moment to budget assets and liabilities. I don't think it will be before 1.0

I've added a feature request at https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func= ... tid=354708
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:09 pm
Yep. I have seen it. There is a lot of work to do not only in budget but also in reports to add that.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008