This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How do you enable the Aqbanking plugin?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
wolfemi1
Registered Member
OS
All,

I'm not having much luck trying to get my American Express account working with the standard KMyMoney OFX direct download, so I'd like to give the AqBanking plugin a go. I'm running Kubuntu 8.10, and I have the package installed (kmymoney2-plugin-aqbanking), how do I get this to work with KMyMoney? I can't do anything through the plugins menu as far as I can tell...

Thanks,

-Mike

wolfemi1, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
wolfemi1 wrote:I'd like to give the AqBanking plugin a go. I'm running Kubuntu 8.10, and I have the package installed (kmymoney2-plugin-aqbanking), how do I get this to work with KMyMoney? I can't do anything through the plugins menu as far as I can tell..

To identify if you have things working, you can take a look at the Tools/Plugin dialog. It should show KBanking as plugin name, a status of Loaded. Also, you need to see Online Access as feature with the support of at least OFX and possibly HBCI (even though HBCI will not help you here - think of it as the OFX used in Germany and few other countries).

Couple possibilites:

You don't see any of the above: well, some package is missing. You'll need KBanking, which has a dependency to AqBanking which in turn depends on the Gwenhywfar package. Once this little stack is in place, you should spot the KBanking plugin in the Tools/Plugin dialog after starting KMyMoney.

The version of KBanking you need to use depends on the version of KMyMoney you have. Not all combinations work. Information can be found here: http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/plugins.html

If the plugin shows up in the dialog, but OFX is missing: The AqBanking package you installed does not support OFX. In this case contact the packager to build the package with OFX support.

Once you have all this running, this page might be of interest: http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Setting_up ... _GnuCash_2

We are aware, that setting up this stack is not an easy task. In case you try to build it yourself, you need to know, that KBanking must be compiler after KMyMoney has been installed on the system. Also, stay away from AqBanking 3.99 and above. 3.8 should be fine as of this writing. 3.99 is not yet integrated into KBanking yet.

p.s. We should still try to solve the issue with the internal OFX module though.

Last edited by ipwizard on Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
wolfemi1
Registered Member
OS
ipwizard,

I haven't compiled the plugin since I've installed KMyMoney, so I don't think that it will work as I have it now. I would honestly prefer to have the ofxlib method working, but I'm not quite sure how to fix it at the moment. In the American Express thread I mentioned that there were a few different places that looked like they might have some leads, but I don't know which of them is actually used, and there isn't (as far as I've seen) any way to tell what they're doing right now.

Any thoughts? I would love to help fix this....

-Mike

aga
Registered Member
OS
wolfemi1 wrote:ipwizard,

I haven't compiled the plugin since I've installed KMyMoney, so I don't think that it will work as I have it now. I would honestly prefer to have the ofxlib method working, but I'm not quite sure how to fix it at the moment. In the American Express thread I mentioned that there were a few different places that looked like they might have some leads, but I don't know which of them is actually used, and there isn't (as far as I've seen) any way to tell what they're doing right now.

Any thoughts? I would love to help fix this....

-Mike

Hi Mike

While the main issue is being resolved, have you tried OFX import from AE?

Allan

aga, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
wolfemi1
Registered Member
OS
aga wrote:Hi Mike

While the main issue is being resolved, have you tried OFX import from AE?

Allan

Allan,

Yes, I am able to successfully import a normal OFX file from American Express into the account. I've been troubleshooting the problem with Thomas Baumgart, and we may be on to something. I'll keep this forum posted when we figure out something definitive, but it may not be a problem with KMyMoney.

-Mike

troycarpenter
Registered Member
OS
Definitely keep us up to date on this...AE is doing the exact same thing to me as you have described and I'm eager to get it fixed.
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
troycarpenter wrote:Definitely keep us up to date on this...AE is doing the exact same thing to me as you have described and I'm eager to get it fixed.

Followup can be found in this post.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5