This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Marking two transactions as duplicates

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
arturked
Registered Member
Hi,

A while ago, I've downloaded transactions from my checking and then from my savings account. Since I have an automatic transfer set up, I end up with two transactions that say that money was transfer. How can I mark them as the same?
This issue also comes up with credit card bill payments. I downloaded my checking transaction and I got: "bill pay - credit card XYZ" which I marked as transfer to credit card XYZ. Then, I downloaded my credit card transactions and got "payment received" which I also marked as a transfer. Is there a way to select these two transactions and mark them as duplicates? They were imported a few months ago so the match button doesn't activate.

Thanks in advance for any help!
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
Try to setup the same payee for both transactions (e.g. use your own name). Make sure, that you have an expression to match the bank's idea about the payee with your payee.

That should help matching the transaction if they show the same amount.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5
NickElliott
Registered Member
OS
In this particular case, as it sounds like a one-off, why don't you just delete one of the duplicate transactions?

NickElliott, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
arturked
Registered Member
I already did that. Cases like this get correctly marked as duplicates in the new OFX imports. However, the issue is the already imported transactions. I wish the 'match' button would work on those.

ipwizard wrote:Try to setup the same payee for both transactions (e.g. use your own name). Make sure, that you have an expression to match the bank's idea about the payee with your payee.

That should help matching the transaction if they show the same amount.
arturked
Registered Member
I thought about it. However, I would to like have matches for old transactions just like I have for the new ones (after I started using OFX transaction matching). That way I keep the whole history of transactions.

NickElliott wrote:In this particular case, as it sounds like a one-off, why don't you just delete one of the duplicate transactions?
ipwizard
KDE Developer
OS
arturked wrote:I thought about it. However, I would to like have matches for old transactions just like I have for the new ones (after I started using OFX transaction matching). That way I keep the whole history of transactions.

Depending on the KMyMoney version you used when you downloaded the first transaction this cannot be done, because we had to change the way our internal matching works (id assignment). Not knowing any of the version information it is kind of hard to comment. Simply, don't download older transactions anymore. New versions of KMyMoney have a setting for that with the account details.

ipwizard, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney forum since its beginning. :-D
openSuSE Leap 15.4 64bit, KF5