This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

QIF Import function changed ?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kman
Registered Member
OS

QIF Import function changed ?

Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:51 pm
Has the functionality of the QIF Import changed ?

I updated from using KMM 0.8.8 to KMM 0.9.2 in January and when importing a QIF file I used to get a dialogue that gave me the option to choose which account to import to or to create a new account, as indicated in the KMM Handbook, but now this dialogue does not appear and the QIF file imports straight to an account, using the account named embedded in the QIF file. I don't want this.

I updated KMM to 0.9.3 but still get this new (?) functionality.
Hei Ku
Registered Member
OS

RE: QIF Import function changed ?

Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:23 pm
The QIF Import has changed a lot from 0.8.x. Now you have automatic matching, and I think that's what happens in your case. The account is automatically matched, so you don't get an option.

Hei Ku, proud to be a member of the KMyMoney Development Team since January-2008
kman
Registered Member
OS

Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:32 pm
Hei Ku wrote:The QIF Import has changed a lot from 0.8.x. Now you have automatic matching, and I think that's what happens in your case. The account is automatically matched, so you don't get an option.

So, is there no way to turn off automatic matching, other than editing the QIF input file ?

Last edited by kman on Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aga
Registered Member
OS

Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:52 am
Hei Ku wrote:The QIF Import has changed a lot from 0.8.x. Now you have automatic matching, and I think that's what happens in your case. The account is automatically matched, so you don't get an option.

Hmmm... I still get the dialog, probably because my bank's qif file doesn't include an account name.

Might it be easier to alter your account name slightly so you don't get the match? Saves faffing with qif file editing all the time.

Perhaps in the longer term, a user option might be an idea?

Allan

aga, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
kman
Registered Member
OS

Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:01 am
For reasons that I won't bore you with I'm actually using the export/import QIF function each month to copy an existing account and re-import it back in to a new account using a different name. So my ideal solution would be to still offer the opportunity of creating a new account when importing the QIF file.

In the meantime I've altered the way that I create the copy of the existing account so that I don't have to faff around editing the QIF file :-)