This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Import Formats

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
NickElliott
Registered Member
OS

Import Formats

Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:01 pm
My bank, in its wisdom, has just announced it will no longer provide statement downloads in Quicken format. It will continue to offer Microsoft Money format and will introduce CSV files in place of Quicken.

What are my options going to be from now on if I want to import my statements?

Thanks

Nick

NickElliott, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
aga
Registered Member
OS

RE: Import Formats

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:37 pm
NickElliott wrote:My bank, in its wisdom, has just announced it will no longer provide statement downloads in Quicken format. It will continue to offer Microsoft Money format and will introduce CSV files in place of Quicken.

What are my options going to be from now on if I want to import my statements?

Thanks

Nick

Do like I did (UK). Vote with your feet and change banks - to one that provides OFX format, and tell your (old) bank why. A bit drastic, I suppose, but much much better than qif. Perhaps first, ask your bank why it doesn't provide OFX, like proper banks do.

If that's a bit OTT, google for CSV-QIF converters. In my opinion, though, that's adding extra hassle to keep something that's outdated. :-)

aga

Last edited by aga on Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aga, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
NickElliott
Registered Member
OS

Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:48 pm
Yes, I made a complaint to them and suggested I might vote with my feet, I received this response:

We "...genuinely strive to offer first class customer service and we thank you for your comments. It is only by receiving feedback from customers that matters can be analysed and reviewed. Your feedback will be passed to our E-Commerce team, who are constantly reviewing the Online Service and the facilities provided."

I doubt they will change anything on my behalf so, like you, I will probably change to another bank!!!

NickElliott, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
aga
Registered Member
OS

Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:08 pm
NickElliott wrote:Yes, I made a complaint to them and suggested I might vote with my feet, I received this response:

We "...genuinely strive to offer first class customer service and we thank you for your comments. It is only by receiving feedback from customers that matters can be analysed and reviewed. Your feedback will be passed to our E-Commerce team, who are constantly reviewing the Online Service and the facilities provided."

I doubt they will change anything on my behalf so, like you, I will probably change to another bank!!!

That's almost, if not exactly, the same response I got from my bank, First Direct! I didn't bother them further.:thumbs_down:

aga

aga, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.